Class Roster: 2018
High School Activities Association
Assistant Executive Director
Black Hills Federal Credit Union
Member Service Center Manager
City of Pierre
Manager of Communications, Special Projects and IT
Capital Area United Way
Pierre Area Chamber of Commerce
Sales/Marketing Channel Manager
Cities Public Transit
Social Media Manager/Asset & Vendor Coordinator
Director of Rehab Services
SD State Historical Society
Department of Public Safety
Brule Community College
Chief Academic Officer
Century Business Products
Sales Associate District Manager
LEADERSHIP PIERRE is dedicated to supporting
the highest quality leadership preparation program for individuals with
particular emphasis on specific skills and collaborative leadership seeking
positive change in response to civic, governmental, business and industry
challenges in the Pierre area.
LEADERSHIP PIERRE is a formal educational
program intended for Pierre area citizens who have an interest in area
communities, their leaders and institutions, their decision-making processes
and/or specific leadership opportunities. During the nine month program,
participants will hear from area experts, tour places which make our
community unique, participate in thought-provoking discussion and learn how
and why decisions are made… All with the goal of shaping tomorrow’s leaders.
- To identify and develop potential leaders from diverse backgrounds
- To provide a format for participants to meet community leaders
- To help potential and existing leaders sharpen their leadership
skills and improve the effectiveness in interpersonal situations.
- To create a sense of purpose for civic leadership and opportunities
for civic involvement
LEADERSHIP PIERRE will select up to 15 area people who:
- Live and work in Hughes or Stanley County.
- Have demonstrated a sincere commitment to and interest in the Pierre
- Display evidence of mature judgment and exceptional leadership
- Have a strong interest in the community.
- Have demonstrated positions of leadership within their
- Have the time available to participate in the LEADERSHIP PIERRE
program, and have the complete support of the company or organization
- We seek representation from business, government, non-profit and
- Tenure in the Pierre area will be considered. However, potential to
impact Pierre now and in the future is more important. Community service
in other communities is considered in selection.
Individuals not selected as one of the 15 participants will be added
to a waitlist.
What Does It Take?
Participants are expected to attend all sessions in their entirety,
kickoff and graduation and at least one community involvement opportunity
during the 2018-19 Leadership program.
- Leadership Pierre Kickoff – September 4
- Session One, Tourism - September 6
- Session Two, Local Government/Law
Enforcement – October 4
- Session Three, Agriculture – November 1
- Session Four, History and Culture – December 6
- Session Five,
Education – January 3
- Session Six, Business – February 21
Seven, Healthcare – March 7
- Session Eight, State Government - April 4
- Session Nine, Community Service & Graduation Ceremony - May 7
Contact Jamie Seiner 224.7361 or